CTAR market report
“Our market is picking up pace as we approach one of the busiest times of the year for residential real estate,” said the 2021 CTAR president Rusty Hughes. “We need to bring enough inventory to market so that within hours of being online we can get homes no longer selling. Right now it is incredibly difficult to get new and available inventory in front of potential buyers before it is sold. “
The Hutchinson show home is a “true ranch plan” in Nexton by Homes by Dickerson. These new homes will be in the Midtown neighborhood. Prices start at $ 451,500 on over 2,000 square feet. Photo / Nexton.
Hughes said demand is not slowing and interest in the Charleston market is rising, especially now during what is historically the busiest spring and summer season.
“Last month we hosted the comprehensive planning summit with an outstanding group of local executives and elected officials. We've heard from planning professionals who have come up with new and innovative ways Southeastern cities are driving growth in ways that increase affordability, increase home ownership, and promote urban growth wisely, he said. “We look forward to helping our local cities and towns implement their comprehensive plans and considering new and different ways in which we can grow intelligently as a region.”
CTAR's March report, published April 13, 2021, showed that home sales “rose over 2,000,” at an average price of $ 330,000, an increase of 14 percent. Since the beginning of the year, sales are up 26 percent, and the average time a property is spent is 37 days.
Charleston holds a high place in green living
A home in Kiawah Island's Indigo Park. As of April 21, 2021, there were three available houses in the neighborhood of LEED certified apartments. In 2013, Indigo Park was the location of the HGTV Dream Home. Photo / Pat O'Brien / KIRE.
In the past week, when Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd, building “green” is no longer just a concept or a plan. People want healthy lives in all areas of their lives – in the cities and towns in which they live and in the homes within them. Our carbon footprint is measured in the way we live and that fits in with the places we call home.
Many regional developers and builders in the Lowcountry have been implementing environmentally friendly standards for over a decade. This makes the area one of the top 10 cities on Apartment Guide's list of “Greenest Cities in the US for Renters”. Charleston made the cut for a city that offers more rental properties with green amenities.
The results are the result of the number of municipalities with environmentally friendly facilities – LEED certification, solar panels, charging stations and smart thermostats. Texas ranked the highest with three cities on the green list. Charleston and Boston took 10th place.
Here are the top ten in the United States and their percentage of green communities:
1. San Antonio, Texas27.97% – half of the population are renters. The Build San Antonio Green project enables the city to offer 26 million square feet of green buildings and homes.
2. Richmond, Virginia, 27.08% – The city has a GreenCity planned development that will be anchored by a new sports arena.
3. Plano, Texas25.71% – one of the largest suburbs in the state. The US Green Building Council's LEED Cities program has certified Plano as a 4-star certified community.
4th Austin, Texas23.75% – The city was named America's Greenest City in Architectural Digest. The millennial hotspot is home to the University of Texas, and residents here are calling for climate-friendly neighborhoods. With over 22 acres of city parks per 1,000 residents, it's a fun city and a great place to live.
5. Tacoma, Washington23.53% – the cheapest city on the west coast for renters and a member of the Green Cities Network. Every year in October, the Green Tacoma Partnership celebrates the Green Tacoma Days.
6th Tempe, Arizona23.33% – A city of educated young people with 50,000 students and 200,000 inhabitants. The story of Native American people keeping the environment healthy has led residents to want the same thing. Nature conservation and environmental initiatives are part of the city's infrastructure, both in its own properties and in rental units.
7th Omaha, Nebraska, 21.74% – The greenest city in the Midwest for renters. She has a community initiative, ECOmaha, which promotes a green plan and environmental equality. Buffett's Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Energy is one of the largest producers of wind energy in the country.
We're launching a weekly newsletter on the business stories that shape Charleston and South Carolina. Get involved – it's free.
8th. Atlanta, Georgia, 21.58% – Half of the city is made up of trees, there are several city parks, and on exiting the city center there are wooded forests. The city has been a leader in outdoor environmental spaces and solutions for decades. It has the third largest farmers market in the country and funds LEED building programs. Atlanta plans to run all municipal buildings (including the airport) with clean energy only for the next five years, and has plans to do so for every building by 2035.
9. Wilmington, North Carolina, 20.51% – It's # 1 ranked for the best coastal city in the country for renters. It also claims the “Best American Riverfront”. With seven miles of coastline, it also has a river to the Sea Bikeway and a two-mile riverwalk at Cape Fear.
10. Boston, Massachusetts and Charleston, South Carolina.20% – the two historic cities reach the top 10. Boston is 2/3 reclaimed marshland and the government has several city-wide eco-friendly initiatives such as green districts and affordable green housing. The plans include LEED buildings and the Renew Boston Whole Building Incentive. Charleston, named “Best City in the World” by Travel + Leisure, consists of around 15 percent water. With Charleston's reputation for being the friendliest city and the best art destination, our exhibition city is a choice when it comes to eco-friendly living, a renter and buyer.
2021 top tech gadgets for homeowners
According to Realtor Magazine, homeowners are increasingly wanting tech-driven, renewable / sustainable, and clean energy materials in their homes. Netgear CEO Patrick Lo said, “Working from home is different for every member of the household. “Wi-Fi is growing faster and faster. [as does the] Need for more speed, coverage, and reliability. The growth of AV (audiovisual) over IP is accelerating. “
Add in the surge of homers ordering fitness machines and equipment with online workouts, and this leads to shoppers who want flexible spaces for home offices and gyms. The 2021 virtual consumer electronics show revealed a wealth of solutions when it came to getting acquainted with them. Kitchen, security and smart home accessories were on the list, as were air quality systems. Below are 10 of the featured products.
1. Adurosmart – The smart lighting company is expanding into home security.
2. Airthings – A new Wave mini sensor that, in addition to its air quality monitoring systems, helps find potential mold. The Airthings virus risk indicator uses data from sensors to calculate the risk of virus transmission within a building.
3. Arlo – Basic wireless security camera with protective shield.
4th Beermkr – the world's first all-in-one device for homebrewing countertops.
The worktop beer manufacturer – there is an app for that too. You can monitor the entire brewing process from your phone. Price starts at $ 579. Photo / Andesign.
5. Benjilock – a new smart lock for fingerprints.
6th Caregiver Smart Solutions – An app that uses sensors to let caregivers know when family members who may be at home need help.
Cleer Cresent, an all-in-one sound system that supports wireless music streaming, was unveiled at the 2021 Consumer Reports virtual electronics show. Price at $ 699. Photo / Cleer Crescent.
7th Cleer Crescent – A sleek, modern home speaker that can use the Google Assistant.
8th. AIR duo – The Portable Air Purifier ($ 149) is a compact air filter that you can take with you to clear dust, pollen, mold, and other pathogens from your car, desk, or (broker open house).
9. D-Link – Surveillance camera for outdoor use, water sensors for indoor use and WiFi 6 router.
10. Contactless and voice-operated faucets from Kohler and Moen.
For the full list, see “21 Gadgets That Make Home Owners Lives Easier”.