Many people use a power bank to extend the battery life of their mobile devices, and there are also laptop power banks that offer higher capacity and support for 12V and / or 19-20V in addition to the usual 5V.
But BLUETTI EP500 & EP500Pro Go a step further as the systems aim to provide power to multiple household appliances or to act as a UPS in the event of a power failure or when you need to use tools or equipment off-grid.
Technical data of BLUETTI EP500 & EP500Pro:
- Control system based on the real-time microcontroller Arm + DSP from Texas Instruments C2000 with two cores
- AC nominal power
- EP500 – 2000 W (peak value 4800 W under 500 ms)
- EP500Pro – 3000 W (peak value 6000 W under 500 ms)
- Power consumption
- Maximum 600 W, 100-264 V AC from AC input – charging time approx. 9 to 10 hours
- Maximum 1,200 W via PV input or T500 input (55-145 V DC, 20 A) – charging time approx. 5 hours with solar modules under optimal conditions
- Maximum 3,000 W via AC input – charging time less than 4 hours with 110 W, less than 3 hours with 220 W.
- Maximum 2,400 W via PV input or T500 input (35-150 V DC, 12 A x2 or 12 V / 24 V, 8.2 A) – charging time approx. 3 hours with solar modules
- Output connections
- EP500 – 3x 220-240 V AC. 4x 100-120 V AC
- EP500Pro – 3x 220-240 V AC, 5x 100-120 V AC
- USB-C – EP500: 1 × 100 W; EP500Pro: 2x 100W
- USB-A – 2x fast charging connections (36 W), 2x 5V / 3A connections
- Cigarette lighter – 1x 12V DC, 10A
- RV (Aviation Port) – 1x 12 V DC, 30 A.
- DC sockets (5.5 / 2.1 mm) – 2x 12 V DC, a total of 10 A.
- Wireless charging pads – 2x 5 / 7.5 / 10 / 15W
- Battery – 5,100 Wh LiFePO4 battery for over 6000 charging cycles
- Dimensions – 580 x 300 x 760 mm
- EP500 – 76 kg
- EP500Pro – 83 kg
- Temperature range
- Charge – 0 to + 40 ° C.
- Discharge – -20 to + 40 ° C.
- Storage – 0 to 45 ° C.
- Humidity – 10-90%
- Certifications – PSE, FCC, CE, UN38.3, MSDS, UL, SAA and ROHS
The power system can still charge kitchen appliances (e.g. 1,000 W microwave for 4 hours), household appliances (e.g. 1,500 W heating for 2.8 hours), power tools (usually just over two hours) or even your electric car's battery a couple of miles / kilometer.
Charging is possible via the mains or the solar panels with MPTT (Maximum Power Point Tracker), and faster charging under two hours is also possible when both are combined.
UPS mode fixed
Two UPS modes are possible:
- Flexible UPS where you simply connect the system to the mains and to all devices that require emergency power.
- Fixed UPS – A BLUETTI UPS box can be installed by a qualified licensed electrician to connect your EP500 or EP500 Pro to the main switchboard of the building and to separate critical and non-critical equipment.
Split bonding is also possible with the combination of two BLUETTI EP500 home power banks via the BLUETTI Split Phase Box in order to double the AC output and storage capacity. This option only applies to the US version of the system.
You can cut your electricity bills by too Charge the battery during off-peak hours and use the EP500 Series system during off-peak hours. A mobile app for Android or iOS will also be released to monitor and control the device and update the firmware.
BLUETTI EP500 & EP500Pro power supply systems started on kickstarter a few days ago and already raised over $ 2.5 million in 53 days. The EP500 model is committed to $ 3,159 while the EP500Pro power system is $ 3,799. Shipping to the US is free, other countries that can ship (Australia, Canada, and various European countries) add $ 180 to $ 600. Supporters should expect their reward (s) to be sent out in August or October 2021, depending on the perks selected.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software part-time in 2010 before quitting his job as a software engineering manager and later in 2011, he started writing daily news and reviews.