The US Department of Energy's Office of Solar Energy Technologies has issued two Requests for Information (RFIs) to collect stakeholder input on human resource development programs and the expansion of solar energy in the community.
The goal of the human resource development strategies in support of RFI's solar industry is to provide insight into training strategies and tools that will help grow a diverse and skilled clean energy workforce. In particular, the RFI looks for information on:
- Labor demand for solar companies
- Personnel development strategies to support the solar industry (for all parties involved)
Equitable access to community-based solar RFI is designed to gather information on barriers to rapid community-based solar energy deployment and other community models, particularly in low- and middle-income communities. The RFI asks for feedback on:
- This is how you promote equitable delivery and better access
- Strategies for meaningful savings on bills and other community solar benefits
- Innovative business models
The deadline for responding to both RFIs is June 1st.
PhotÖ by Grand Canyon NPS is licensed under CC BY 2.0