09/07/21 • Nebraska Vaccine Dates. • National Case Trends
Depending on where you live, you may not be within walking distance or have transportation to get to a grocery store that sells fresh fruits and vegetables, said Lisa Steinbach, a registered nutritionist with OneWorld Community Health Centers.
Photo by Bridget Fogarty. Story by Karlha Velásquez Rivas. Published in El Perico, the reader's bilingual (Spanish / English) sister publication.
Reed Moore's Daily Review
Happy National Fashion day!
Today's news suggests dressing on the nines: An I-80 construction project begins, Nebraska sees its first solar battery project, and the North 24th Street Business Improvement District and Omaha Police Department are developing a security plan that will increase police presence.
~ Harper's Index Facts of the Day ~
- Part of the emoji users who want more options to reflect their personal look and identity: 3/5
- Those who think emojis are an important tool to create “unity, respect and understanding”: 3/4
Source: Adobe (San Jose, CA)
- Today is the first day of a construction project on I-80 that is slated to last through November. Expect traffic around 84th Street; These are the recommended detour routes.
- OneWorld Community Health Centers is trying to vaccinate the population of South Omaha.
- Visit Part III of the “Black Women Business Owners” series from NOISE Omaha. The episode shows Sharnelle Shelton's Onyx Street Boutique from North Omaha – and her beloved “Audacious Women of Omaha” t-shirt.
- After the violence on the weekend of July 4th, the North 24th Street Business Improvement District and the Omaha Police Department tabled a security plan that includes increased police presence in the area.
- Learn more about the Blue Bucket Project on a mission to clean up Omaha.
- In a car accident on West Dodge Road, one person is killed and another is seriously injured.
Reed Moore's Activity
Please see our Activities page for more information.
Discover North O!
~ North O! Art & Events ~
Founded by local hip-hop artist and organizer Marcey Yates, Culxr House is one of Omaha's premier community centers and home to multidisciplinary artists. Stay up to date on everything that's happening at Culxr House on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
For the remainder of July, Reed Moore will be posting an article from Mark McGaugh's Discover North O! conduct.
The Daily Funny (Click the drawing to see more.)